You are here: Home Cloud Computing Cloud Computing - Google Apps
Cloud Computing - Google Apps:
Google is one among the top companies in providing Cloud Computing services through their application called Google Apps. Google Apps has several web based applications like EMAIL, CHAT, TALK, CALENDAR, DOCUMENT STORAGE, SITES, GROUPS, etc. Google Apps can be used by individuals, small companies, enterprises, universities etc. Based on your needs, you can use Google Apps at free of cost or you can pay and avail additional features of Google Apps." To know more about these, please visit http://www.google.com/enterprise/marketplace/
In the following sections, we will see how cloud computing with Google Apps is used in the Staffing (Recruitment) Industry. Usually a staffing company needs email storage, calendar scheduling, documents creation/storage (Word, excel, PDF, Presentation), Video storage, photo ALBUM storage, chat facility, phone facility etc. So they have to buy necessary software, hardware and communication equipment to run the business. On top of that, you need someone to manage the above mentioned also.
Instead of buying software and hardware you can subscribe to Google Apps and thus taking advantage of Cloud Technology.
Advantages of Google Apps on cloud computing:
- Less Software/Hardware Purchase.
- Less Maintenance of Software/Hardware.
- No upgrade needed for software/hardware. You can easily work on latest technologies.
- No backup/recovery Needed.
- Less Time spent by System Administrator in managing data. 99.9% up-time guaranteed by Google Apps.
- Since Google will add more features on Google Apps, you can leverage on those features.
- Creating intranet web pages.
- High Security features provided by Google.
- Can connect to other software also. For example; Microsoft Outlook can be connected to GMAIL (one of the web based application of Google Apps).
- Employees can be benefited by knowing several web based applications.
- Employees can work without their presence in office.
- Employees can connect to Google Apps at any time/location. All they need is a lap top/desk top with internet connection or MOBILE connection. So there is no location constraint or time constraint.
Cloud Computing Advantages
Cloud Computing - Google Apps Continued...