You are here: Home How to send email in Microsoft Outlook 2013?
How to create email message and send it using Microsoft Outlook 2013:
In the HOME MENU, the first icon that you see is NEW EMAIL.
Click new email. A new screen is opened. You can see menus like FILE, MESSAGE, INSERT, OPTION, FORMAT TEXT, and REVIEW and by default MESSAGE menu details are displayed. Under the message menu, you can see ribbon, with lot of icons.
How to create a signature in Microsoft outlook 2013:
The first thing that you have to do is creating a signature (name, address, email id, phone, fax etc). This helps you not to type your contact details often. It is already stored as signature and you can attach it to new email, or replying to an email or forwarding that email.
- In the ribbon, you can see a drop down box SIGNATURE.
- Click that drop down box signature and click signatures.
- A new screen is opened. Click new.
- Type the name of the signature.
- In the box provided below, type your contact details.
- Under CHOOSE DEFAULT SIGNATURE HEADER; you can assign signature to NEW MESSAGE, or REPLIES/FORWARDS. CLICK OKAY.
- Your new SIGNATURE is created.
How to send email in Microsoft outlook 2013:
ON the new screen, that was opened:
- In the TO BOX, type the email id of the recipient, to whom you want to send the email.
- If someone has to be copied in that email, type the email id in CC (CARBON COPY) BOX.
- Type the subject in SUBJECT BOX.
- Type the message in the box provided below in the SUBJECT BOX.
- If you want to attach a file, click ATTACH FILE in the ribbon, browse it and attach it.
- You can select the priority of the email message by selecting FOLLOW UP OR HIGH IMPORTANCE OR LOW IMPORTANCE FROM TAGS group in the ribbon.
- If you have only one signature, then whenever you create a new email, signature is attached to that email.
- Click SEND ICON. The email message that you have sent reaches TO BOX recipient, CC BOX recipient and details of TO BOX and CC BOX recipient are displayed in the email message.
IF YOU WANT TO ADD MORE FEATURES, you can use the menus INSERT, OPTIONS, FORMAT TEXT and REVIEW.
- You can use different options present in OPTIONS MENU: Themes, Show Field, Permission, Tracking and More Options are the different groups.
- SHOW FIELD GROUP/BCC: Email IDs typed in BCC (BLIND CARBON COPY) will not appear in the email message sent to the recipients typed in the TO BOX and CC BOX. You can add that BCC on the screen by clicking the icon BCC in the SHOW FIELDS group.
- TRACKING GROUP/REQUEST A READ RECEIPT: If you want to make sure that recipient has read you email, click the box REQUEST A READ RECEIPT in TRACKING group. When the recipient reads your email, you will be getting an acknowledgement. You can check this option in TRACKING group.
- TRACKING GROUP-MESSAGE OPTIONS/HAVE REPLIES SENT TO: You can mention other email ids also here. Whenever reply is sent to you for your emails, the other email ids that you mentioned will also get replies. You can check this option in TRACKING group/MESSAGE OPTIONS.
- TRACKING GROUP-MESSAGE OPTIONS/DO NOT DELIVER BEFORE: Instead of sending emails immediately, you can set the time. You can check this option in TRACKING GROUP/MESSAGE OPTIONS.
- TRACKING GROUP-MESSAGE OPTIONS SECURITY SETTINGS: You can also encrypt your text and attachments in the email message.
- You can use different options present in FORMAT TEXT MENU. Clipboard, Format, Font, Paragraph, Styles and Editing are the different groups. You can change the format by using different options present in FORMAT TEXT menu. You can select the style of the font, font size, font color, back ground color, bold, italic, underlining, indenting paragraphs, borders, filling in, line space etc.
- PARAGRAPH GROUP/For setting the line space, go to paragraph group, click drop down box LINE and PARAGRAPH SPACING and select line and paragraph spacing.
- You can use different options present in INSERT MENU. Include, Tables, Illustrations, Links, Text, Symbols are the different groups.
- INCLUDE GROUP:
- Attach File: You can attach a file
- Outlook Item: You can attach items present in your folder and default folder.
Example: you can attach an email.
- Business Card: You can attach a business Card
- Attach File: You can attach a file
- TABLES GROUP:
- TABLE: You can attach a table format.
- You can also select "EXCEL" work sheet from the drop down box tables
- ILLUSTRATIONS GROUP:
- Illusrations: You can attach pictures, online pictures, shapes, smart art, chart screenshot
How to send Emails in Microsoft Outlook 2013
In the next section, we will explain how to schedule meetings, appointments, event and task in this page.
Microsoft Outlook Tutorial for Beginners
How to create rules in Microsoft Outlook 2013