You are here: Home How to create meeting and appointment in Outlook 2013?
How to create meeting and appointment in Outlook 2013:
We will explain how to schedule meetings, appointments, event and task in this page.
What is a Task: It is an activity that involves only you with no scheduled time. Time is not blocked in the calendar.
What is an Event: It is an activity that lasts all day. Time is not blocked in the calendar.
What is an Appointment: It is an activity that involves only you at a scheduled time. Time is blocked in the calendar.
What is a Meeting: It is similar to Appointment, buy it involves you and other person or persons. Time is blocked in the calendar.
MEETING: To understand this meeting feature of OUTLOOK, I am using 3 applications; Outlook, GMAIL, and YAHOO. From Outlook, I will be sending the meeting request to my personal email ids in GMAIL and YAHOO.
Scheduling Appointment in Microsoft Outlook 2013
ONE TIME MEETING:
- Open your outlook. By default it navigates to HOME MENU of outlook.
- Select the meeting icon from drop down box New Items in the New Group. A new screen is opened.
- New screen contains menus like file, meeting, insert, format text and review. By default it navigates to MEETING menu. It also contains actions group, show group, TeamViewer group, meeting notes group, attendee groups, options group, tags group and zoom group.
- Below the groups, you can see from, to, subject, location, start time, end time, all day event.
- To test how this meeting works: In the FROM drop down list box, your email id is displayed. If you have multiple accounts configured to outlook, those email ids are displayed. Select the email id from which you want to send this meeting.
- In the TO box, type the recipient name or recipient names. NOTE: FOR TESTING THIS MEETING, I TYPED MY YAHOO EMAIL ID AND GMAIL ID in the TO BOX.
- Type the SUBJECT, LOCATION on those boxes.
- Select START DATE and TIME; Select END DATE and TIME.
- Click SEND BUTTON.
I logged in to my GMAIL account and opened the email sent (MEETING REQUEST) from Outlook. I saw three buttons. YES, MAYBE, and NO. To test it, I clicked NO button.
I logged in to my YAHOO account and opened the email sent (MEETING REQUEST) from Outlook I saw three buttons ACCEPT, MAYBE and DECLINE. To test it I clicked ACCEPT button.
I got the response emails from GMAIL (declined the meeting) and YAHOO (Has accepted this invitation.) in my outlook. Before the meeting time, I got reminder from OUTLOOK also.
- Open your outlook. By default it navigates to HOME MENU of outlook. Select the meeting icon from drop down box New Items in the New Group. A new screen (screen1) is opened.
- In the options group, click the icon RECURRENCE. A new screen (screen 2) pops up.
- Select the different options under the appointment time header, recurrence pattern header, range of recurrence header and click ok. The screen (screen2) disappears and the information (example: occurs every Sunday effective 1/12/2004 from 9.00 pm to 9.30 pm) is stored in screen1.
- Click send button.
Open your outlook. By default it navigates to HOME MENU of outlook. Select the meeting icon from drop down box New Items in the New Group. A new screen (screen1) is opened. Click the icon new meeting from TeamViewer Group. A separate page is opened which takes you to the home page of TeamViewer. If you have proper credentials, you can login and use Online Meeting with Team Viewer.
Scheduling Meeting in Microsoft Outlook 2013
How to create rules in outlook 2013
Configuring email ids, data files, accounts in outlook 2013